Re: James Edward Nill

Obránců na úrovni máme plnou prdel. Centry potřebujeme. Gólman se dá vždy sehnat. Anaheim bude měnit Andersona. Spíš co s Lehtonenem...

Mladej gólman v systému chybí, i když jednoho snad máme.

Spíš obránců máme plnou prdel. Tohle léto bude o tom, kdo tu zůstane z dua Goligoski-Demers a za rok končí smlouva Oduovi. Při vší úctě k nemu to není žádné suprové ani dlouhodobé řešení. Musí se taky rozhodnout, jestli budeme brát z vlastních zásob. Johnsovi bude 24 a ještě si v NHL nezahrál. Nemeth taky 24 za měsíc, budem ho teda hrát v 3rd pairing? Co s Oleksiakem, odepsat, vyměnit? Nebavim se o kvantitě, ale jak mít lepší obranu.

Gólmani jsou slabina, tam nemáme moc co brát, přiznejme si, že Campbell je pryč, Desrosiers? Možná, ale to je málo. Andersona jsem psal 2 měsíce zpět, to jste mi nevěřili smile

Zbavit se Lehtonena by byl luxus, ale zase - vzpomeň si, jak jsme hledali dvojku.

1st a 2nd centry máme na další tři sezóny jasné, dál je tam Eakin a Janmark na NHL taky mám, Shore v systému. Jo, centr se nikdy neztratí, ale tam nás to teď netlačí.

11. I asked Dallas GM Jim Nill about Kari Lehtonen and he came back at me with a question: “How many games did he lose last season, including playoffs?” Uh, 15? “Thirteen,” he answered.

So that means you’re not buying him out? “No, we’re not buying him out. That last game is not a full reflection of the season. Nobody remembers the game before where he stood on his head. He's disappointed, and the team is disappointed. We finished second overall, and everybody is focussed on the playoffs. Something went right too, you’ve got to be careful.”

12. Here’s another question I posed to Nill. Is there any chance he re-signs Jordie Benn, but lets Jason Demers, Alex Goligoski and Kris Russell walk? That makes Stephen Johns, Julius Honka and John Klingberg his right-side defenders; some combination of Benn, Esa Lindell, Patrik Nemeth, Johnny Oduya and Jamie Oleksiak on the left.

“I can see what you’re thinking there, and it’s possible,” he replied. “But there’s a fine line between development and playing to win. We’re going to sit down over the next two weeks as a group and discuss this. We had a great season, but we’re still in our infancy. We’re going to get younger, yet. Bigger and faster. I’d like to bring back one of them, but if we can’t find a way to make it work, that could happen.”

Nill wouldn’t comment, but the suspicion is Goligoski is the target. We’ll see.

13. Jamie Benn’s contract talks?

“We sat down, his future is something we’ve already talked about…started that process. It’s no secret he’s the leader here, and we’re going to figure it out.”

Benn can sign an extension on July 1, one year from unrestricted free agency. Watching what’s happened with Steven Stamkos and Tampa, no doubt the Stars want to avoid that. If the Stamkos/Toronto stuff was bad, the Benn/Vancouver would be worse. Does his ask start with a 10?

14. Finally, who did Nill think benefitted most from the postseason?

“Cody Eakin. We told him after he didn’t have a great regular season, but in the playoffs, he set a higher bar. Radek Faksa. He changed our penalty kill. Benn, too. Yes, he’s had success in the Olympics, but you have to live it to understand the playoffs.”

Nill to vůbec nebere jako manažer. Je fajn mít schopného člověka na normální činnost. Problém je, když se v kritické situaci podělá a nezvládá nervy. Vidím to každou chvíli v práci. Na schůzkách každej chytrej, denní workflow ok. Pak se něco posere, nelze aplikovat žádnou normu odstraňování sraček a pak to musí vyřešit někdo mimo systém. Takoví pak bereme trochu jiný prachy než jiní. Lehtonen právě ten úklid sraček nezvládá.

read:http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2016/11/14/qa-stars-gm-jim-nill-talks-injuries-goalies-val-nichushkin

Rozhovor.